Friday, April 23, 2010

Featured Artist April 18-25: Paradise Purls

Let me start by saying I know there are issues with commenting on my blog... I am researching into it. However since I'm tearing down my computer this evening for our move and will not have internet until Monday, when the cable guy comes to hook us up, I felt getting the feature for this week done was paramount. On to better things....

Allow me to introduce Elizabeth Humphries of North Carolina, she run a wonderful business aptly named "Paradise Purls", for those not familiar with knitting the spelling is a play on word from knitting terms. As an extremely tactile person knitting is well suited to her and she admits to loving to spend time browsing yarn shops feeling all the wonderful textures and fibers. Elizabeth is primarily self taught, having picked up a "how to" booklet and then seeking help from friends and her MIL. Knitting is not her only forte though, she also does some beautiful bead work, is a mom, runs multiple online shops (etsy, zibbet, HAShop), tweets, a blog and facebook fan page in addition to being a wonderful member of our Handmade Artists Forum.

I've chosen a few pieces that really are unique to her, the first is a spring scarf (in progress) made of ribbon yarn that looks so delightful with gorgeous tones of the ocean. Second is one of her beautfil knitted bracelets, each features so many variations in color, I'm sure no two end up exactly alike. Lastly is one of her very fun hats in a color called Tuti-Fruti modeled on her very adorable daughter. How can you not love that impish grin? Go and give Elizabeth some love and all her other beautiful creations, each of her main sites is linked above.


8 comments:

jewelry by NaLa said...

Happy to be able to leave a comment about Elizabeth's wonderful creations. And may I say, I'm loving the photo of the little cutie in the sweet hat!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful feature! Thank you so, so much! btw, the little cutie is my daughter, Becca. :D

Unknown said...

Great feature! And an adorable little girl!

Unknown said...

What beautiful creations, including Becca! :D A lovely feature, thank you for pointing us to Elizabeth's work. So glad I could comment on this one, I was trying! :) Your computer must be down by now, but I really hope your move goes smoothly!

Unknown said...

Elizabeth does make some really gorgeous and unique pieces! The bracelets are so cool! And Becca is a sweetheart for sure!

Red Fox Jewelry said...

A very nice post with great picks on pics about a very talented lady.

Mewes Mountain Arts said...

YEAH!!! I can leave a comment!! Great post!!

Anonymous said...

You picked my favorite piece...that bracelet just has me drooling!