Sunday, May 2, 2010

Featured Artist May 1st-8th: Jewelry by NaLa

Our first blog ring concluded and I decided I loved being committed to learning about an artist every week, so I signed up for round two. We have several new artists coming although we start with Nancy of Jewelry by NaLa based out of Chicago, Il. You may recall I posted about her previously and you can read that article here, however, I look at this as a chance to challenge myself to learn and share even more about this fantastic woman who puts her heart and soul into the world of handmade and spends countless amounts of time promoting others. Since writing about Nancy in February I've had the chance to see many of her postings on FB, read her blogs about other artists and also chat with her on the HAForum. With a heart of gold, Nancy always has a kind word to share and positive outlook on life. She is an exception where so few artists have managed to diversify themselves across the multitude of social avenues available on the internet these days. Here's a listing of her sites so you too can join her where ever you haunt: Etsy, Facebook, Twitter, Office Live, Flickr, Artfire, Ning, StyleHive, and StumbledUpon.  I also thought I would make an attempt at a new technique for showcasing her many gorgeous pieces. I love her signature wire wrapped briollettes (which made the front page on etsy) I also love how she combines a mixture of medias to create elegant pieces that transition well between day and evening wear as is eveident in the necklace I chose. Take some time, stop by and give NaLa some of your attentions, not only has she earned it, she will reciprocate as well.

17 comments:

Sandi Levy said...

NaLa has such a nice touch and wonderful vision! Very nice article!

jewelry by NaLa said...

What a wonderful article, I'm speechless--and we all know how seldom that happens! ;)

Unknown said...

Nancy is speechless? Wow! Kudos for writing such a great article! LOL-just teasing a bit! You know we all love you!

mooaany said...

Great post on a talented gal, love those treasuries!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You really captured what a wonderful artist NaLa is! Great post.

Red Fox Jewelry said...

What a nice recap on what you did before. I never thougt to do it that way, but it works. What else can I say about our artist? She's great! Bravo to you!

TamsJewelry said...

I Love her work.You have a beautiful blog!Hope you don't mind if I follow.

DreamBubbles said...

TamsJewelry more followers are always welcome! Thank you for the comment, and the follow :)

jewelrybyjanelle50 said...

Well desrved article about a fabulous gal, her jewelry is yummy.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic feature on a most talented artisan! Love NaLa's jewelry!

Joan said...

NaLa's designs show her sure and delicate touch. What a great artist to feature!

Tammy said...

beautiful write up. such a deserving artist

Larissa said...

Great post!

Unknown said...

Wonderful article about a lovely lady.

Mewes Mountain Arts said...

Great post! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Kazumi said...

I love her work!

Handmade Artists' Forum and Shop said...

Great post love the choices of pics you have there.
HAF